How to make a complaint about the Board
You can file a complaint about the Board or Board members with the Ontario Civilian Police Commission (OCPC).
Ontario Civilian Police Commission
Suite 605, 250 Dundas Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M7A 2T3
The Board is accountable to both the community and to the Ontario Civilian Police Commission (OCPC).
How to make a complaint about the police
- You can file a complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD) or
- You can go to your local police station and try to have your complaint resolved informally by local resolution
- You must make the complaint within six months of the alleged wrong-doing of the officer
- You must make the complaint in writing
- The person who was directly affected by the incident must sign the complaint